The ITU Challenge is a 3-month training programme taking you onto the blue carpet at the ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi.
It's totally FREE, and you get some amazing perks, such as access to world-class coaching, venues and training programmes, nutritional guides, give-aways from our sponsors and a free entry into the ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi in March. The ITU Challenge is split into two programmes:
- First-timer Programme: Taking part in a cycling, running or swimming race can be daunting. But all three, back-to-back? Absolutely terrifying! Or at least it would be, if we weren’t with you every step of the way. This is a step-by-step programme, consisting of 12 coach-led sessions across swim, bike, run and transition, to take you from a triathlon-newbie to competing in the biggest and most prestigious triathlon in the Middle East! Please note: if you have taken part in the First-Timer programme previously, you are not eligible to apply for this programme. You can apply for the Performance programme.
- Performance Programme: If you've got your sights set on a personal best at the 2020 ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi then this programme is for you! It gives seasoned triathletes the tools and knowledge they need to take their triathlon journey to the next level. This programme is a series of 12 challenges across swim, bike and run which can be completed individually or as part of a group session.
In order to be considered for either of the programmes, you must be eligible to apply based on the below conditions:
- If you have previously taken part in the ITU Challenge First-Timer programme, you are not eligible to apply for the First-Timer programme again. However, you are eligible to take part in the Performance Programme (in fact, we actively encourage graduation through the programmes!).
- If you have previously taken part in the Performance programme, you are not eligible to take part in either of the First-Timer or Performance programmes this year. Please do not apply.
- You must be over 18 years old on 31 December 2019, and you must be able to swim a minimum of 300m without support, at the beginning of the programme.
- By taking part in the programme, you are agreeing that your image/likeness can be used by the organizers, royalty-free, at any time.
What are you waiting for? Applying is as easy as swim, bike, run!
The programme is limited to 300 participants - all applications will be assessed against our terms and conditions, and we will confirm if you have been accepted onto the programme by 14 November.