2022 isn't a regular World Triathlon Series event in Abu Dhabi - 2022 marks the first time the World Championship will be hosted in the capital! But, if you're new to the sport, that doesn't mean you can't get involved. Our community races are open to all ages and abilities - and we're here to help you every step of the way to the start line with access to an 8-week training programme, created together with our friends at Mubadala.
Register for the Community Super Sprint
Taking place on Saturday 26th November, the Community Super Sprint Race consists of a 400m swim, a 10km bike and a 2.3km run - a great race distance for those taking a step into the sport for the first time.
The hardest part is signing up! Register today by clicking here.
Download the 8-Week Training Programme
Once you've registered, you'll be able to join the Mubadala Triathlon Academy. The Academy includes an 8-week online training programme, supplemented by a host of drop-in group training sessions, led by qualified coaches to keep you on track. The programme starts on Monday 26 September, and is open to all so bring your friends and let's make fitness fun! Click here to download the training plan.
Drop-in Group Training Sessions
- Monday 26th September, 6pm – cycling session at Al Hudayriyat Cycle Track.
- Monday 3rd October, 6pm - cycling session at Al Hudayriyat Cycle Track.
- Sunday 9th October, 8am - Open Water Swim session Al Hudayriyat beach.
- Monday 10th October, 6pm – cycling session at Al Hudayriyat Cycle Track.
- Thursday 13th October, 6pm – running session at Zayed Sports City.
- Monday 17th October, 6pm – cycling session at Al Hudayriyat Cycle Track.
- Sunday 23rd October, 8am - Open Water Swim session Al Hudayriyat beach.
- Friday 28th October, 5pm - Brick Session (bike/run) at Al Hudayriyat.
- Friday 4th November, 5pm - Brick Session (bike/run) at Al Hudayriyat.
- Sunday 13th November, 8am - Expect The Unexpected at Zayed Sports City.
- Sunday 20th November, 8am - Race Day Simulation (Mini Tri) on Al Hudayriyat
Session meeting points:
Al Hudayriyat sessions: Car Park B (beside Wolfi’s Bike Shop)
Zayed Sports City sessions: HARAKA Gym
Coach contact details:
Niall and Michelle | +971 56 135 8849